StayCentral Serviced Apartments
Guest Terms and Conditions Of Trade
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Payment of deposit or total fee for your booking indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment will be made by credit card only, or by Internet banking or telegraphic transfer if agreed to by StayCentral.
- A deposit of 50% of our total fee is required to confirm your booking if you book more than 21 days prior to your arrival. (If you book less than 22 days prior to your arrival, the total fee (ie 100%) must be paid to confirm your booking).
- The balance of payment will be charged to the same credit card that was used to pay the deposit (unless we are informed otherwise), 10 days prior to your arrival. Any credit cards used for payments must be presented at check-in, or access may be denied.
- You must only provide credit card details for which you are authorised to use.
- We accept Amex, Mastercard or Visa credit cards. Note: 2% credit card (transaction) fees apply.
- If you are paying by direct credit, our banking details are as follows (make sure you put your name and/or booking ID as a reference):
Account Name: StayCentral
Accnt No: 496346629
Swift code: ANZBAU3M
Please note that we cannot accept bank transfers if:
- there are less than 5 business days left before your arrival
- you want to extend your stay and there are less than 5 business days left before your initial departure date
In these cases, all payments can only be made by credit card.
- Security bond is required for your stay and should be pre-authorised on the guest’s credit card no later than 7 days before arrival. The amount may vary depending on apartment, number of people staying, with or without kids or/and pets etc, but cannot be less than $500 for one-bedroom apartment, $600 for two-bedroom apartment, $800 for three-bedroom apartment and $1000 for four-bedroom and larger property. Please enquire with us for more details. The bond can only be pre-authorised on the credit card provided on the guest registration form. If there are insufficient funds or the credit card is invalid, Staycentral reserves the right to restrict access to the property until the bond is taken. Note: if you are staying with us 28 nights or longer, the security deposit will be deducted, rather than pre-authorised, and refunded after your departure (subject to damages and excess cleaning checks).
- Late Arrivals (after 5.30 pm) may incur additional charges. Please contact StayCentral to find out more.
- Photo ID. For security reasons, we ask you to provide a photo ID of the guest, under whose name the property was booked, and whose credit card details are held as security. Please note that your personal information will not be shared with or distributed to any third party unless it is required by law or we have your explicit consent to do so. Please read our full privacy statement on our website.
- Cancellation. If you cancel or reschedule your booking less than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled commencement of your stay, your deposit is not refundable if, after making all reasonable efforts to do so, we are unable to obtain an alternative booking of equal value. A minimum 20% of the total booking value cancellation fee plus associated credit card fees will apply to all cancellations or rescheduled bookings. If the booking has been made via a 3rd party booking agent, additional cancellation fees may apply to cover any commissions paid. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation.
- Security for payments required under these terms and conditions must be provided by credit card, and a signed credit card authorisation form will be required to be completed prior to arrival.
- Invoices are issued, and payment must be made, in Australian dollars.
- By making payment of the total fee, you have an exclusive licence to occupy the property for the days specified when you book (but not possession).
- All payments are processed by Payment Express. We do not store credit card details on our website.
- The number of guests staying at the property must not exceed the number agreed to in the booking details. In the event that any additional persons stay at the property, an additional fee may be charged according to our usual rates and/or we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
- If pets are entering the property or staying at the property (only allowable for pet friendly properties), this must be disclosed at the time of booking, or we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund. In that case we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternative accommodation. All disclosed pet stays will be referred to on your invoice and there is a surcharge per clean for pet guests. This surcharge covers a small amount of additional cleaning time that may be required for a pet stay. If extensive additional cleaning is required, this will be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security). The general house rules for pet guests are to not allow them on the beds and furniture, not to allow them to damage any property and to clean up after them before leaving the property. Guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and dry-cleaning if required. Additionally, the number of pet guests must be disclosed clearly at the time of booking and will also be noted on your invoice.
- All StayCentral serviced apartments are non-smoking indoors. This includes smoking on balconies with the balcony doors open. We reserve the right to terminate a guest’s stay without refund if we become aware of guests or their friends smoking indoors. There may also be additional cleaning fees to remove any smell of smoking from the property, regardless of whether anyone smoked indoors; as the smell can still be transferred indoors on clothing.
- You will agree to any other reasonable house rules which may be made available to you at the property.
- In the case of StayCentral properties which are part of a residential apartment complex, guest are required to enter and exit the property quietly.
- For all properties, the noise level must be inaudible from neighbouring properties between 10pm and 8am Sun-Thu nights, and between 11pm and 9am Fri-Sat nights.
- All guests are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbours or interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties. We reserve the right to remove guests who do not adhere to this code of behaviour. In these cases, no refund will be due, and we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternate accommodation, nor will we be responsible for any other associated costs.
- StayCentral has a ‘No-Party’ policy. Automatic $300 fines apply to any guest who disturbs neighbours with parties.
- As per the new legislation, neighbours are not to be disturbed in any way whatsoever. $2,000 fines may apply for each & every individual neighbour who is disturbed; on each and every occasion.
- Guests may not engage in any illegal activity at the property.
Check In and Check Out
- Check In and Check Out procedures will be detailed in the Property Information package forwarded to you following payment of deposit. Whilst we are more than happy to provide early Check In and late Check Out wherever possible, this can only be confirmed at the last minute as it is dependent on other bookings at the time. Failure to adhere to those procedures could result in the incurring of additional costs.
Breakages, Losses and Guest Charges
- You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival. All breakages or losses must be reported immediately to us. Whilst we will not pursue reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear, the total cost of making good any other damage or loss to the property, garden or contents will be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security). Please note this includes the removal of consumable items from the property which are provided for guest use whilst in-house and are not intended as individual use presentations (examples include laundry powder, dishwashing liquid, toiletries provided in dispensers etc).
- It is our policy to have all locks changed if keys are lost or not returned. All associated costs will be charged to the credit card provided for payment (or left for security) if this occurs. Similarly any remote controls will be replaced at your cost if lost or not returned.
- Bookings may also include interim cleaning services for stays of longer than 14 days. This will be detailed in your pre-arrival information. Guests are expected to leave the properties in a neat and tidy state without the need for extensive, excessive cleaning. You are responsible for all cleaning charges in the event that the property is left in a state that requires more than standard cleaning. This will be charged to the credit card provided for payment (or left for security),or to the cash payment made for the security bond.
- Reasonable usage of electricity, gas any other utilities provided at the property are included in your rates. Excessive use (more than a 30% increase compared to similar periods) of any of these utilities may be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security). If charges are passed onto the Guest, evidence of charges will be provided on request.
- Properties which provide local telephone calls included in the rate, do so for up to 6 calls per day. Costs for additional calls may be passed onto guests.
- Neither StayCentral nor the owners of the property are liable for loss to you of any personal belongings while you are in the property. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable loss during your stay. Guest items found by our cleaning staff are kept in the StayCentral office for one month before discarding. It is the guest’s responsibility to follow up regarding any items that may have been left behind at the property. We request that guests send a reply paid envelope to StayCentral in order for us to return the items. Alternatively, for large items, we may be able to bill your credit card for postage and handling.
- You should not wait until you return home before complaining about any matter as no inspection can be carried out when others are occupying the property. We welcome hearing from you in relation to any complaints or concerns and prefer that you contact us immediately if important, rather than when you depart, so that matters can be resolved quickly.
- The place of law is Victoria and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Your occupation of the property may be terminated by StayCentral without notice in the event that you breach any material term or condition or in the event that any amount due is not paid.
- StayCentral enters into this agreement on behalf of the owner of the property and is not liable to you in relation to the property or any services.
- StayCentral is an accommodation booking service and is not a real estate broker, agent or rental company. Whilst all measures are taken to avoid any property being misrepresented by the property owner, StayCentral is in no way liable for any advertising misrepresentations as property owners are solely responsible for the accuracy of their listings and information.
- Neither StayCentral nor the owner of the property can be held responsible for failure or interruption to power or services to the property for reasons beyond our control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, StayCentral and the owner disclaim all warranties in relation to the provision of services and the use of the property, and otherwise our liability is limited at our option to the supply of the relevant services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
- Neither StayCentral nor the owners are liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits which result from use of the property and services provided to you.
- StayCentral reserves the right to relocate a booking to an alternative property of similar standard and location at any time. In this instance, guests will be offered either a full refund OR asked to confirm their stay at the alternative property.
Please enter below your details and accept our Terms & Conditions.
Copyright © 2016 StayCentral